Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Career Goals

I've been asked several times what I want to do in 5 years. Do I want to be a Director, a Vice President, or what?

My answer is that my life goals are not work focused. Yes I want to do a good job and contribute to the best of my ability where I am employeed. No my life does not revolve around work. Unfortunately lately it has because the job has been very demanding and needs more balance and I'm hoping to be able to do that soon.

This is a question that you have to ask yourself. How do you want to balance your work and your life. Is your job more important to you than your family, your spouse, your children, your close friends? Would you rather be in a meeting or on the side lines supporting your child at a sporting event in which he/she is participating in? How many times will your child take his/her first step, first home run, first summersault? How many meetings will you be in (more than you probably would like)?

Something to think about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home