Friday, October 06, 2006

90 days and counting - random ramblings

I was just given my 90 day package which means that I am on the payroll for another 90 days during which time I need to find a new position either within my current company or outside. My preference is to stay as I fully support the mission and I like the people I work with.

I'm also struggling with should I remain in management. I've been told that I'm an excellent manager by those I manage, by my peers, and by my immediate management. The challenge is finding another management position. There are a lot of 'project management' positions to be had but very few management and a job is a requirement as I have yet to win the lottery (perhaps if I purchased a lotter ticket it would help improve the odds).

I have a strong technical background and have learned to manage highly technical individuals in areas where I do not have the in depth background.

More later ... time to work on in house networking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home