Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Honesty in Communications

Today I received an interesting e-mail. Another support group had sent a request to mine over a month ago, in the process it was misrouted a few times, and we started to work on it but did not complete it when the user requested it. The e-mail stated that this person had left me two unanswered voice mail messages and then he escallated it up the food chain. The only problem is that the two voice mail messages were left within 30 minutes of each other today while I was in a meeting and thus unable to answer them. By the time I got back the e-mail was in my inbox.

The impression is that the two voice mail messages were left prior to today in an attempt to escallate the priority of the request which was false.

Honesty is important in all communications and the omission of a fact can result in misleading the recipient.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home